I don’t normally play along with these tags, but T from No Love For Fatties tagged me and I couldn’t refuse! I don’t really know the rules and I don’t feel like tagging anyone, so I’m just going to answer the questions for fun. Feel free to do the same in the comments!
1. Haunted houses/trails: a good time or not for you?
I’ve never visited a haunted house/trail, but I did a costumed ghost tour in Québec a few years ago and it was a lot of fun!
2. What’s your favourite thing about October?
Everything! October is my favourite month. I love the crisp, sunny days and the colourful leaves, the cosy rainy nights in, and wearing ALL THE BOOTS!
3. Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
Not really. I enjoy handing out sweets, but we don’t have a lot of trick-or-treaters around here. Although, Halloween is growing in popularity in the UK and I’ve seen a few more pumpkins than usual this year. Our first year in the village, we were the only decorated house on our little cul-de-sac!
4. What’s your favourite horror movie?
I don’t watch a lot of movies (can’t sit still long enough) and when I do, I rarely remember them. The last horror movie I watched was As Above, So Below and it was pretty good.
5. Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
A cosy night in, definitely!
6. Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
When I was 4-ish, my mom dressed me up as a gypsy fortune-teller with old dresses, necklaces of faux pearls and lots of colourful, flowing scarves.
7. Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
Pin the hat on the witch.
8. How do you celebrate Halloween?
I usually hand out candies (and get a good workout out of it as well – so many stairs!) but not this year because of The Virus We Shall Not Name. I’ll probably make little surprise bags or bake some Halloween treats to give our friend’s children, though.
9. What’s your least favourite horror?
I think it’s called The Evil Dead? I saw it in high school. Like, literally AT school. It was during the first year, so I was 11 or 12, and for some reason beyond understanding, one of my teachers thought it was a good film to show us in class… Many of my classmates walked out during the infamous ‘tree rape’ scene.
10. Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
There was an early blizzard one year, so instead of walking around our neighbourhood, my mom drove us directly to the door of some of the more ‘fancy’ houses. Best candy haul ever!
11. What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
I like seeing the houses all decorated. When I was little, my dad used to take us for a drive a few days before Halloween Night to look at all the big house that go all out with scary soundtracks, light displays and such. It was always great fun.
12. Scary costume or silly costume?
Silly, most likely.
13. What’s your favourite Halloween candy?